Saturday, May 24, 2008

Letter to Goodwin Big Lawyer?

did not stop him from deep-pocketing me?

File Reference # NB703517-1

Court File No. F/C/187/04

September 5, 2006

Dear Mr. Hugh Cameron:

Re: W.H. Goodwin & Co. Ltd., et al. ats. H.A.R. Construction Limited, et al. Court File No. F/C/187/04

I am still trying to retain a lawyer and I believe with advice from a different lawyer that I should be making further amendments to the Notice of Action with Statement of Claim.

In reference to Goodwinʼs response to the NB Association of Real Estate Appraisers at 403 Regent Street , Attn: Susan Mackenzie, on page 7, at the meeting of February 1, 2000, WHG agreed to produce the Complete Appraisal in the Self Contained Format. This is not the type of appraisal he told me he would be doing for me on November 17, 1998. He said he would be doing a sub-division approach to value.

Here are 3 pages from Mr. Babineauʼs report with 6 different methods of evaluation/ vacant land. The biggest thing about Goodwinʼs draft report was that I didnʼt understand what method he was using, it seemed to have several methods used in his report. If you donʼt understand a report? You shouldnʼt have to use it.

At the start of Mr. Goodwinʼs report, November 17, 1998, Mr. Goodwin gave me instructions to get him different quotations from other contractors and myself. He also told me he would be using me to build the streets as a contractor in a before and after scenario. On or about February 2, 1999, I sent a list of 4 or 5 pages of quotes and price to contract everything out. I saw the lot to be worth $20,796 for a bare lot in my location of my property. I had 2 survey lots and 16 more potential lots for a total of 18 lots, in the bank already paid for to start building houses until February 12, 1997, it became obvious that I would be expropriated.

I know now that there is a conflict of interest between my lawyer, Mr. Caldwell, and Mr. Carter. The appraisal board would not send me a copy of Goodwinʼs defense of June 11, 2004, until January 25, 2005.

You know by now I have in my possession the second draft of Mr. Goodwinʼs which I received March 3, 2005, that says now the value of the second report is worth $470,000. This is why I fell I am going to have to make more amendments to my Statement of Claim and Action. It is ludicrous, that Mr. Babineau did a report that we used in court and only charged me $7,000 compared to Mr. Goodwin who I already paid $21,000 and he wanted me to guarantee him $70,000 plus.


If you take a look at the decision that came down June 3, 2005 of Judge Russell, how much money I have already paid out in appraisal fees and all the hold up that was caused by the government, the appraisal board and my own lawyers, it looks like I bought this land so others could make money off it. I am waiting to see how much money I will receive back on the taxing of the lawyers bill which has not went to court yet, as far as I know?


I also donʼt know what Judge Russellʼs decision was made on because it wasnʼt made on Mr. Babineauʼs report and I donʼt think it was made on the three reports the government had.


When I find this information out? I will be getting back to you.


This is why I am seeking a lawyerʼs assistance. The lawyers I have talked to, seem to tell me I am just wasting my time. I am also seeking my files back from my lawyers, which they refuse to give me.

Richard Harris

721 Irvine St. Apt #40

Fredericton, NB

No comments: